Valentine's Day is this weekend!! Sure, Valentine's Day was fun as a dating or young married couple, but when you throw kids into the mix, sometimes an expensive dinner out just doesn't make sense anymore, especially when you factor in hiring a babysitter. As kids get older, they will love getting into this lovey dovey holiday and you'll love seeing them transform into little romantics for the day. Try some of these this weekend!
- Bake a heart shaped cake and decorate it together
- Make Valentine's Day sugar cookies together and decorate - different sized hearts, letters to spell love, add red food coloring to the batter to make it red or pink
- Buy your child his/her favorite candy it give it with a note that says 'You're my Valentine'
- Bake something together and deliver it to a neighbor who is lonely this year
- Add a few drops of red food coloring to milk to make it pink, or buy strawberry milk
- Make 'Love Muffins' - any flavor you want, just call them Love Muffins
- Dip oreos in white chocolate (or pink or red - available at craft stores in the baking section) and decorate with sprinkles or icing
- Make Cranberry Sweetheart Scones for breakfast (recipe from http://www.familyfun.com/)
- Make Raspberry Heart Tarts for dessert (recipe from http://www.familyfun.com/)
- Put Hershey's Hugs and Kisses in your child's lunchbox
I have a few ideas for Valentine's Day activities too (not food related)... but was wondering: Do you do anything special for your family/husband/kids on Valentine's Day? Do you have any traditions that you already do with your family or that you'd like to start this year?
(If it's not too much trouble, please post comments here instead of on Facebook so all the readers can see your ideas, not just the ones who are my FB friends. THANKS!!)