Here's a must try recipe for this fall. I was able to whip them up while making dinner for the boys, which proves that it's a pretty easy recipe. My taste testers LOVED them!
2 c flour
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground ginger
1/2 t salt
1/2 c butter, softened
1 1/4 c granulated sugar
2 large eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
1 c pumpkin puree (I used Libby's)
1 t vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Filling:
4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
6 T butter, softened
1/2 t vanilla extract
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
Directions for cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bown on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin and vanilla extract; beat until smooth. Stip in flour mixture until combined. Drop by heaping measuring teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets. A total of 72 cookies are needed for the recipe)
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until springy to the touch. Cook on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Directions for filling:
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spread a heaping teaspoon on filling onto flat side of one cookie; top with flat side of another cookie.
- Store in covered container in the refrigerator.
- Try not to eat them all in one sitting! : )