Wednesday, November 30, 2011

On Our Shelf: Christmas

I saw this really cute idea that I think is going to become a tradition for years to come! I went to the library and took out an entire bag of Christmas books (free!) and I'm going to wrap them all and hide one per day for the boys to find for us to read together. It's kind of like Elf on a Shelf in that they'll have to search for it, but the entertainment can last all day instead of just for the minutes it takes to find. Did I mention it's free?! Genius!

Our Christmas Book List this year:
An Angel Came to Nazareth by Anthony Knott
Shall I Knit you a Hat? by Kate Klise
I Spy Christmas
B is for Bethlehem by Isabel Wilner
A Pirate's Night Before Christmas by Philip Yates
Crispin the Pig Who Had it All by Ted Dewan
Christmas Soup by Alice Faye Duncan
A Merry Little Christmas by Mary Engelbreit
Auntie Claus by Elise Primavera
Reindeer Christmas by Mark Kimball Moulton
Timothy and the Christmas Gift by Jeffrey Dinardo
A Song in Bethlehem by Marni McGee
Can't Wait Till Christmas by Mike Huckabee
The Twelve Bots of Christmas by Nathan Hale
Pooh's Jingle Bells by Kathleen Zoehfeld
Ten Little Christmas Presents by Jean Marzollo
The Donkey's Dream by Barbara Helen Berger
How Santa Got His Job by Stephen Krensky
The Gingerbread Boy by Richard Egielski
Sneezy the Snowman by Maureen Wright
Snow Family by Daniel Kirk
Drummer Boy by Loren Long

Our Christmas Movies this year:
Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas
Bear Snores On
Small One
Mickey's Christmas Carol
Muppet Christmas Carol

Before and After!

I have a whole countdown calendar planned that I can't wait to share with y'all! 25 Days of fun family crafts, activities, recipes and outings... and it all starts tomorrow!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea! I might have to borrow it in years to come. :-)