Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tot School - Jj

Tot School - Theme - Jj

Owen & Eli: 31 months

Letter Jj was a lot more fun than I originally thought! We focused on Jj is for Jungle, Jellyfish, jellybeans and jigglers! We rolled snakes out of play-doh to form J's and then added jungle animal stickers to decorate the page, filled J cutouts with jelly beans and make jello jigglers in the shape of J (actually just a backwards candy cane cookie cutter!) We did a lot of color sorting this week too - I'm sure the boys were so interested in playing this game because they always got to eat jelly beans at the end! As for jungle animals, we made paper plate tigers and elephants with paint and construction paper and used our 3 piece jungle animal puzzle to match up the animals with the Little People animals we have who live in the jungle. I found this jelly fish craft here, but we used colored sugar instead of glitter. A) I'm not a big fan of glitter and B) I don't have any glitter. The contact paper was tough to stick together after they added all the sugar (probably too much!) so we had to staple the edges to keep it closed, but it saved me a trip to the store : )
Next week we're learning Kk is for Kites, Kings and Kangaroos... should be fun! To see what other Tot Schoolers are doing, click over to 1+1+1=1!

2 comments:

Jen @ lil Mop Top said...

fun activities! and I love the pics of the boys with their cute undies! I am glad I am not the only one who lets the boys run around with just a t-shirt (and a diaper in my case!)

Patricia said...

I love the jelly J. we did the same jellyfish craft and my girl still remembers it.