- Add a jar of sweet potatoes, green beans or garden vegetables to your meatball/meatloaf recipe (tip: this will make your meat a little softer, so add additional breadcrumbs to compensate)
- Add a jar of squash to boxed mac and cheese. It's the same color, so it should go undetected!
- Add a jar of carrots, mixed veggies or squash to chicken soup. It will bulk up the thickness and the flavor.
- Add a jar of carrots or sweet potatoes to jarred (or homemade) pasta sauce
- Add a few different jars as layers in your lasagna
- Add a jar of applesauce to blueberry muffin mix
- Add a jar of bananas to chocolate chip muffin mix
- Add a jar of pears, applesauce, bananas or mixed fruit to oatmeal
If your kids were like mine, you probably don't have as many fruits left over as you do veggies. If none of these sound like winners to you, you could always use the extra jars as a baby shower game (http://entertaining.about.com/cs/showers/a/bbyshowfoodgame.htm)
Has anyone else tried these sneak attacks or have any new ones to add? I'd love to free up a shelf in my pantry!